Overview of the Archival Exhibition
- Exhibition Title : Archives Exhibition of the 2016 ICA Congress - Korea as Illustrated in Archives
- Date : 6-9 September 2016
- Location : 3rd Floor of COEX, Hallway in front of Hall D1
- Open to participants of the ICA Congress 2016 and the general public
Contents of the Archival Exhibition
- Highlighting the Traces of Our Prehistoric Ancestors - Petroglyphs of Bangudae Terrace
: The Petroglyphs of Bangudae Terrace in Daegok-ri, Ulju (Korea's National Treasure No. 285), which is the world's earliest stone engraving portraying scenes of whaling, will be exhibited.
- Korea's Heritage Listed on the Memory of the World Programme
: The 13 archival treasures of Korea listed on UNESCO's Memory of the World Programme, including Joseon wangjo sillok (Annals of the Joseon Dynasty) and uigwe (a compilation of documents about royal ancestral rites) of the Joseon royal court, will be put on display.
- Evolution of Korea
: The democratic and economic evolution achieved by the Republic of Korea within a short period of time, built upon the ashes of the Korean War and pain of the division of the Korean Peninsula, will be exhibited.
- Archives, Harmony and Friendship
: The exhibition will also shed light on bringing the international community closer together to more effectively respond to the paradigm changes in the digital era and finding better methods of archivemanagementinaconcertedmanner.
Archival Exhibition Docent Guide
- Language : English / Korean
- Meeting Point : Gate of Hall D2
- 6 September(Tue) 16:20
- 7 September(Wed) 13:20 / 16:40
- 8 September(Thu) 11:20 / 13:20 / 16:40
- 9 September(Fri) 11:20 / 13:20